The campaign team out in Street highlighting the problems with the NHS, what the Tories are failing to do and what a Labour Government would be doing.
UNDER THE TORIES OUR NHS IS UNDERFUNDED AND UNDERSTAFFED
- Worst NHS deficits on record at £2.45 billion
- Around 3.9 million people are now on the English waiting list to start treatment
- 8 million people waited four or more hours in A&E last year – up over 400 per cent since 2010
- One in four patients have to wait a week or more to see or speak to a GP or nurse, or do not get an appointment at all.
- Government tried to keep a further £22bn. of NHS cuts, by 2020, a secret.
WHAT WILL LABOUR DO?
- Labour will end health service privatisation and bring services into a secure, publicly-provided NHS.
- Labour will integrate the NHS and social care for older and disabled people,
- Labour will ensure parity for mental health services.